Pages

Tuesday 22 March 2016

Body Shop Peppermint Intensive Foot Rescue

I'm still having intermittent problems with my right foot, although not quite as bad as it was a month or so ago when the metatarsalgia was at its height. Since I've bought a new pair of running shoes – New Balance 860s again –  the cushioning of the brand new pair has made a noticeable difference. But  the odd grumble is still nigglingly present, on both the underside and sometimes the top of the foot, and, though the latter seems oddly linked to tight calves and goes away after a sleep and a stretch, I decided I should get into a routing of massaging my feet on a daily basis.

While there are numerous products out there for this kind of cheesy activity, I remembered with fondness the peppermint foot lotion which the Body Shop used to do, and was pleased to see they produce a similar product in a slightly richer formulation. This has the advantage of being absorbed into the skin more rapidly, which is great because I'm not going to develop a habit of foot massage if it takes an age each time. It's still alarmingly pink, but has a wonderful, fresh, invigorating scent which cuts through the aroma of overripe cheddar with ease.

And so far, my feet seem to be appreciating the new regime.

Body Shop Peppermint Intensive Foot Rescue, £9 for 100ml

No comments:

Post a Comment